Thursday, October 27, 2016

Promise #2- BUSY DOING GOOD



When I was 16 years old I made a promise to God that I would change the world. Obviously I was a pretty intense teenager and perhaps a little bit of an overachiever, but I have thought of this promise often over the years. I had attended a presentation by a missionary who had just returned from Africa. He spoke about the children in the area where he had served and shared with us the fact that most of these children would not live past the age of two due to malnutrition and disease. I remember that day as if it was yesterday and now 28 years after making that promise I believe that BUSY DOING GOOD can be that change.                                                                                                                        

I believe that our children are our most creative, caring, and energetic resource, and that their innate desire to love, to help, and to serve others can accomplish amazing things. I also know that kids watch the darnedest things on the computer (at least mine do) and so I came up with an idea. If my being silly will help us reach these little ones – help us open up a dialogue with them about the difficult things that we are facing in the world, help them see the impact for good that their little hands can make then bring on the silly. 

Today I celebrate because my website is up, my Facebook page and Instagram following are growing (slowly but surely) and I released my very first music video. Who knows if this project will be a success but I am trying, and like my Momma use to always say, "Do your best and God will do the rest."                                                                                                            

Here's just a snippet of the video but you can watch the real thing at the link below.






No comments:

Post a Comment